This all-American favorite can be broiled indoors or taken outside to grill.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 burger per serving
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, sliced, about ½ cup
- 1 tomato, sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 onion, sliced, about ½ cup
- ¼ head lettuce, sliced
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, and salt. Shape into 6 patties.
- Place burgers on a broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes, flip and broil for another 3 minutes.
- Toast hamburger buns, if desired.
- To serve, spread 1 tablespoon mustard on each bun. Place cooked patties on buns and top with avocado, tomato, onion, and lettuce.
Use your hands to mix the ground beef to distribute spices evenly to each burger.