Episode 2—Shrimp Ceviche
Jesse’s Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed, cut into thin pieces
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup seeded and finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile pepper, deveined, seeded and minced
- Salt, for seasoning
- Tapatio, optional
- Tostadas for serving
- Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup lime juice and let stand for 15 minutes so the shrimp can “cook” in the lime juice.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup lime juice, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, red onions and serrano chile to incorporate evenly.
- Transfer the mixed vegetables into the shrimp bowl and mix well to incorporate.
- Season to taste with salt and Tapatio.
- Serve with tostadas.